Cherokee serial number question

Here is my Jeeps serial number: ML4FN78S2V6000723 and the engine number is: V6000728

It is a Cherokee 4.0 Limited purchased new in September 1999 in Asia, but it came with a "1997 Jeep Owners Manual". Is it a 1997, 1998, or

1999?

To avoid any mistakes when ordering parts online, I would like to know, what year and what version this jeep and it's engine really is.

Reply to
Robert Goldpalm

Check for yourself

Cherokee-LTD

Thanks for the link Brian,

Yes, it says there my Cherokee is a 1997 model, even I bought it new in 1999.

Great, they sold me a 1997 model in 1999!!!

Reply to
Robert Goldpalm

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Man talk about email harvesters and holy crap there is a legit VIN harvester!

I would never give my VIN to some European unknown website!!!

If it was a legitimate site it would have decoded my 'codes' and not need my serial number too!

Like the other VIN sites, they give the explanation for the codes, not insist you give yours out!!!

This site is legit:

Mike

Cherokee-LTD wrote:

Reply to