Christmas gift, 4" lift, rear track bar question

Hi, 97 TJ, 4.0L. Got a 4" lift kit. Busy today putting it all together, almost done. The front track bar had a repositioning component so the front track bar lined up. There is no rear repositioning component. I would guess that right over the passenger's side rear wheel is best to make the modification. I had to remove one side of the track bar to get the new springs in. It is a simple Trail Master lift kit. Do lift companies provide these? I am about 2 inches off. I have metal and drills, no welding equipment. What should I do? Merry Christmas.

thanks, Paul

snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com

Reply to
pbarton

pbarton did pass the time by typing:

They make adjustable track bars or you can have someone cut and extend your stock bar. For the rear wheels it doesn't make much difference (apart from track). The real problem comes when the front geometry is thrown off.

A couple of em:

The rest of em:

DougW

Do you go wheeling in houston?

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Did your kit come with a rear trackbar bracket? The cheaper fix would be to use one of these. My RE 4.5" kit came with one, but my axle was still

1/4" off, so I purchased their Adj. Rear Trackbar. All it did was move the axle toward the driver side to make it 1/4" off the other directi> Hi,
Reply to
twaldron