Chrysler radio locked...help

My wife's cousin's husband recently retired from Chrysler (don't know exactly what he did there, but he worked somewhere in design) and he gave me an older Chrysler am/fm/cd/cass for my TJ, as my aftermarket radio finally kicked.

The Chrysler is a p/n 04704382, with a factory anti-theft circuit and LED. Got it installed finally (had to find new wiring harness) and it worked about 30 seconds, now it says "LOC'D" on the display. I assume I have to enter some kind of code once I get it unlocked, as that is the case with my wife's Unlimited.

(A) How do I unlock it? Would a dealer be able to?

(B) How do I determine the code? Would a dealer be able to?

I have posted a picture of the label on the unit to

TIA

Matt

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo did pass the time by typing:

A dealership can get you the code. Usually the code is on a label on the front of the unit when it ships, but since yours is second hand you will need the serial number. Just print out that photo and take it with you.

Reply to
DougW

I don't know if Daimler was connected to Chrysler when they made it, but with a Benz the radio code can usually be found in the front of the service booklet. As the Blaupunkts in German cars get older and more worthless, I write the codes on the casings with paint markers. If that doesn't do it, Doug is right, go to the dealer

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Well, it doesn't say "Daimler" on the label. No service booklet, as this radio came out of another Chrysler vehicle.

Stopped by the dealer today, they knew nothing. Apparently this is a European radio.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
tim bur

Livonia Chrysler...think you can help? I've called some car audio places too, and none of them know this model radio with an anti-theft.

Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, ALL Chrysler radios are made by Mitsubishi.

Illegals working for me? I think not. If you don't want to see illegals taking American jobs, you should leave California and move to Alaska.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt,

Jobs don't really "belong" to Americans, or to anyone else. One of my neighbors back in Silverton hires lots of Mexicans, because they don't mind working. He hires Anglos too, if they don't mind working. I am sure that they are all properly documented workers, too. To my way of thinking, I prefer an "illegal", who wanted to work, to a "legal" welfare recipient, who didn't. (Just throwing a little number two diesel fuel on the fire...)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

There are people who do that, but this guy knows the value of long-term loyal employees. If you show people you care, they care about the quality of work they do for you. Being a "legal" versus an "illegal" has little to do with this rather basic concept. I wouldn't know about the green cards and SS numbers. I do know that it took my son-in-law an inordinate length to time to get his green card, and he had everything in order. I really think, that a lot of bureaucrats, have nothing better to do, than invent rules, that allow them to avoid work. They could care less about the real suffering that this foot-dragging tends to cause. The INS had cleared him, but the SS held up his application for months, because it was "suspect". I wouldn't blame anyone for being an illegal worker, or for hiring them. Hell, you have to eat, and somebody has to pay the taxes to keep welfare solvent.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Yeah, exactly true Earle. Sadly, the laws do not allow us to trade the undesirables for folks who *do* know the meaning of "work".

Reply to
Lon

Oh don't even get "Bill" started. He operates on emotion (the primary one being "I'm right no matter what" and if you should dare to contradict (or even argue) with him then the slander and insults start. I killfiled him a long time ago which was a sad waste because he does have quite a collection of Jeep information, but I got tired of dealing with his attitude and emotional issues.

Drifter "I've been here, I've been there..."

Reply to
Drifter

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Just as we were when we invaded Iraq.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Jeez, Earl, with the price of fuel today, you shouldn't be throwing so much on the fire....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Iraq supplied which terrorists? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, there, Bill, remember? Or do you still believe Hussein brought down the towers?

Appropriately re: the author of your cite: "Rick Moran is the proprietor of the blog Rightwing Nuthouse"

Even if it is true, why didn't Bush refer to the uranium they already had?

As far as no more terrorist attacks since "we took it to them," I don't think the Brits can say that, eh?

Do you have any helpful advice on topic? No? Please stop hijacking my thread.

;-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo