cigarette lighter: where is the fuse???

Threaded View
Hi Folks,

(Mine is a '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport)

I seem to have blown the fuse on my cigaretter lighter / power outlet.
However, I could not locate the fuse for it. Any pointers?

Also, while we're on this topic, my hazard lights don't work... any
suggestions (again, don't know where the fuse is)?

Thanks,
Shashank.

Re: cigarette lighter: where is the fuse???

Maybe I won't tell you anything new, when I point you to the fuses behind
the glove box. There is another box containing stronger fuses under the
hood near the battery.

I had the same problem. Apparently the layout of the fuse holder(s) differs
within the Series TJ97 Sport, depending on the destination country.

American models seem to have a fuse #18 with 20A (?) for the lighter in the
first (left) column of the fuse holder behind the glove box. My European
TJ97 Sport holds only spare fuses in that column.

I wasn't able to solve the problem either, lacking detailed information. So
I bypassed it by installing and wiring a new power supply with its own fuse
at a known location :-))

Do you mean the hazard flasher system?

Greetings

Torsten Kaiser
TJ97 Sport (European)

Re: cigarette lighter: where is the fuse???

"> > Hi Folks,

Fuse #19 on a 98 TJ Sport.
Found it the hard way... I traced it.

gt

Re: cigarette lighter: where is the fuse???

Get a cheap fuse tester, or make one.

It's just a 12V bulb (or 12V led).  Put one lead
on the two exposed parts of the fuse and if the
lamp lights up the fuse is dead. (assumes there
is a current draw, so you would have had to push
the lighter in)

--
DougW

Site Timeline