cigarette lighter: where is the fuse???

Hi Folks,

(Mine is a '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport)

I seem to have blown the fuse on my cigaretter lighter / power outlet. However, I could not locate the fuse for it. Any pointers?

Also, while we're on this topic, my hazard lights don't work... any suggestions (again, don't know where the fuse is)?

Thanks, Shashank.

Shashank Pabrai wrote:

Maybe I won't tell you anything new, when I point you to the fuses behind the glove box. There is another box containing stronger fuses under the hood near the battery.

I had the same problem. Apparently the layout of the fuse holder(s) differs within the Series TJ97 Sport, depending on the destination country.

American models seem to have a fuse #18 with 20A (?) for the lighter in the first (left) column of the fuse holder behind the glove box. My European TJ97 Sport holds only spare fuses in that column.

I wasn't able to solve the problem either, lacking detailed information. So I bypassed it by installing and wiring a new power supply with its own fuse at a known location :-))

Do you mean the hazard flasher system?

Greetings

Torsten Kaiser TJ97 Sport (European)

"> > Hi Folks,

Fuse #19 on a 98 TJ Sport. Found it the hard way... I traced it.

gt

Gary Tefft wrote:

Get a cheap fuse tester, or make one.

It's just a 12V bulb (or 12V led). Put one lead on the two exposed parts of the fuse and if the lamp lights up the fuse is dead. (assumes there is a current draw, so you would have had to push the lighter in)

--
DougW