CJ-7 and YJ rocker panel compatibility?

Hi all,

If you research this supplier, it seems a CJ-7 rocker panel (complete with the lower cowl) has the same part number as a YJ part?

Yes... this is still the reincarnation of my '93 2.5L YJ. Well, I have noticed these panel prices all over the map with various suppliers. If this link above is correct, am I also correct to assume Quadratec's CJ-7 part(s) will do?

I went to a local shop and they were asking $310 CDN for a full side and that is before taxes. I wasn't sure if they met a liver or a kidney or both (?). From a structual point of view, the rocker/cowl idea is simply more palatable (but not as pretty).

When you consider the model year and practical market value, if I pondered this route, Mel Gibson and I might be sharing our black out stories far into the future.

Any and all opinions are welcome.

Fabe

Fabian Hartery CBS, Newfoundland fabian snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca

Reply to
fabian_hartery

The CJ7 and YJ tubs are interchangeable. Same for windshield frames with the addition of a couple holes.

Mike

Mike Romain