CJ-7 Sending unit ('76 CJ-7)

Does anyone know of an alternate sending unit for the 15gal polyethylene gas tank? Basically, what I need is a 3/8" fuel line from the tank to feed the TPI I'm putting in but can't find a cross-reference on any of the Jeep sites. 3/8" return's desired too but I can plumb the return back to the feed before the tank if necessary with a "T" fitting. Not concerned with the gauge since I'll get a gauge for the sender resistance range. Ideas for a "pusher" pump to prime the electric? Mechanical pump fed to electric, FI pump? P.S. I did find one site but they were using an in-tank pump and I've already got all the pieces to plumb externally. Jim

Reply to
Drink

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Nope, nope. Tuned Port Injection with the raised plenum and ram air tubes. I abandoned the idea of an in-tank pump in the beginning and already have a Holley in-line pump. The TPI needed more pressure than the TBI. The headache is that all my plumbing's 3/8" but the Jeep's got 5/16" suction and

1/4" return at the sending unit. So, before I try some "out of plane maneuver", I thought I'd try and find out if sending units are somewhat standardized and do it right. I have one of the polyethylene 15gal tanks from 4WD Hardware, so, drilling or welding's not an option. Is it possible to cinch down a 3/8" hose on the 5/16" nipple? It's 1/16" difference and all it has to do is hold suction. Of course, that makes me want to avoid the option of T-ing the return line into the suction hose. Jim
Reply to
Drink