CJ-7 Springs

My 1986 CJ is my daily driver, therefore I am still running the stock suspension with 31" tires. My tie rod ends are shot, as are the shackle bushings. I placed an order for replacement parts today. My (original) springs are pretty flat, the bump stop is only 1 3/8" from the axle. I called a spring shop in town and they will re- arch them for $35.00 per spring. That is a whole lot cheaper than buying new springs. Does anyone know how far the bump stop is supposed to be from the axle? Will I then be able to fit some BFG 32" tires under there, after having them re-arched? TIA

Reply to
RoyDMercer

My first question would be how long would re-arching springs last. Seems to me that once a metal has been compromised it will never be the same no matter what you do to it. Just my thoughts.

BTW, where are you located? I have some 2 1/2" lift springs just collecting leafs in the backyard.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to