CJ Baby Seat

I called Crysler and asked about installing an anchor for a child seat in my

1985 CJ-7 and they refuse to install one even though there are instructions in the owners manual on how it should be done.

My thoughts are if they say don't install one I'm not going to, but was wondering if anybody knew when they stopped installing them on CJs.

I should also note they said that they wouldn't install an anchor in a TJ either !!!

Tony.

Reply to
Anthony Cummins

Find a different dealer!

I have seen several TJ's with the child seat anchor there from the factory!

You can drill a hole and use 2" washers under and on top of the floor in the back for a tether something like the owners manual says.

Mike

Anth>

Reply to
Mike Romain

I strap my kids carseat into the back with the lap belt and use the 5-point harness that is built into the carseat...

instructions

Reply to
Joe

There are a number of little "loops" on the floor of my TJ. That's what I attach the tether strap from the carseat to. It works great!

Eric

instructions

Reply to
Eric