CJ dash bulb holder thingy

As I restore my 1982 Scrambler, I've found that one of the bulb holders (for the #53 bulbs) that fits into the back of the big speedometer instrument cluster is broken. I haven't had any luck so far in wrecking yards finding a replacement. Anyone know where I can get one of these things?

Reply to
Ken Finney

try

-- Jarod Sprauer

281-807-JEEP (5337)

Reply to
IsellJeeps!

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yep, that is the thingy I need. I've only looked at Jeep vehicles in the junkyard, I know Ford's and GM's I've owned used a different size thingy. What I've found are complete wiring harnesses that they didn't want me to cut pieces off, or already stripped ones. It didn't occur to me to check out other AMC vehicles in the junkyard, I'll have to do that. I was hoping someone on here could tell me "xxx has them for $yyy": mail order is much cheaper than gas.

Reply to
Ken Finney

Try looking around the aisle that houses Help Brand parts at your local parts store. Help parts offer a variety of things that often break, but are not available from anywhere else. Help offers up stuff like drain plugs for the oil pan, door lock plungers, an shit-load of nylon and plastic parts. They even have the Ignition Rack! They also carry an assortment of electrical plugs and connectors. I am 99% sure they will have the bulb socket you are looking for.

Reply to
CRWLR