CJ spring perch ?

One of my spring perches on my AMC 20 rear end, 81 CJ7, has desintegrated, so I checked around in town, the places I tried, NAPA for one, had no idea what I was talking about, when they finally figured out what part I wanted they said they had no idea were to even order them from. What you get for living in a small town. Anyway I ordered some M.O.R.E. spring perches online, very nice, 1/4" steel, the right sized axle tube arc, but they are 7" long, compaired to the stock CJ ones that are only 4" long. Does anyone see why this would make any difference? Spring under if that matters. Greg

Reply to
Greg

I believe that is to help with possible spring wrap. The longer pad would be hard to torque far enough to bend springs.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to here.

Reply to
Greg