Cj7 Frame

So I have finished beefing up my new frame, off an 86 CJ7 to replace my 81 CJ7 frame that is cracked. Redoing body mounts on new frame as they are a little rusty, while doing the measurments I was looking at the frame dimensions,

which are the same as Bill has. Problem is, on frame pic mount #4 it does not have a measurement from mount to mount, and the K measurement is out by 2" on both my 81 and the 86, M is out by 1/2", N is out by 1/4". So what gives? According to these measuements, my 2 frames are about 2"narrower then this info. Can someone with a CJ7 just give me a measurement from outside of frame to outside of frame at back.

Reply to
Greg

So much for that drawing!

You are correct Greg, the dimensions are wrong. Crap I have given them out to a few folks.

My K measures 29.5" hole center to center instead of 31.3". M is 43.5", not 41.5" like the drawing and I didn't want to dig out N.

My rear frame measures 37.5" outside to outside.

This is on my replacement frame sitting in the back yard.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > So I have finished beefing up my new frame, off an 86 CJ7 to replace my 81

> which are the same as Bill has. Problem is, on frame pic mount #4 it does > not have a measurement from mount to mount, and the K measurement is out by > 2" on both my 81 and the 86, M is out by 1/2", N is out by 1/4". So what > gives? According to these measuements, my 2 frames are about 2"narrower then > this info. Can someone with a CJ7 just give me a measurement from outside of > frame to outside of frame at back. >

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks Mike, forgot you were swapping frames too, I'll be ready for primer tomorrow so would hate to have gone through all this only to find it wasn't the right frame, not that it mattered as it did match up with my original frame, but when you start checking measurements from a page that has being passed around for at least as long as I've had my jeep, you start to question. So for others, 50% of the CJ7 frame dimantions are wrong, so I wouldn't put too much faith in the YJ ones either.