CJ7 Transmission Mount

Okay folks,,,Autozone sucks ass. I bought a drain plug for my 83CJ7 258 from them,..didn't fit. Bought a valve cover gasket from them....didn't fit. Bought a drive shaft Ujoint retainer from them....didn't fit. Those guys couldn't find their ass with both hands. Now I just picked up a transmission mount from them and it has one big mount and two studs. I'm looking at the picture in Quadratec and it shows the mount and two round bushings. And I swore the last time I was under my Jeep I saw both of those bushings with it. Shouldn't these come with the mount?!?! If not I wonder if they are a totally separate part in Autozone's computer. Actually I think their completely off on the CJ7s. Allen

Reply to
<ABanks5

My experience with Autozone has been that if you couldn't find it yourself hanging on the rack, it would be a crap shoot if they could find anything for you much more complex than the coke machine. My local NAPA store seems unique in that the folks there not only can find almost anything for an old Jeep, they seem to actually give a rat's ass whether you're a satisfied customer or not...maybe I'm just lucky!

transmission

Reply to
Jerry McGeorge

That bolt with the rubber bushings is the outrigger mount, not the tranny mount.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On or about Sun, 16 Nov 2003, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com of snipped-for-privacy@columbus.r...:

My mileage varies. The only thing that I've gotten from AutoZone that wasn't what I'd expected was the Blazer blower motor, and Mike says that GM ran the same number on two different motors. Perhaps it is an individual store or regional thing?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton