'Click' sound under XJ

Hi,

Sorry to break in here on alt.witches.and.bible-bullshit, but I was wondering if anyone could help me track down an odd sound under my XJ.

Basically, when crawling slow on uneven terrain, I hear an intermittent 'click' sound as the suspension articulates. This is not a deeper 'thunk' sound that I've previously heard (and often felt through the floor) due to loose control arms, loose spring bushings, broken shock mounts, or loose track bar bracket.

The click sound seems to be coming from the transfer case area, but I can't get a fix on exactly where while driving and I can't reproduce the sound by jumping on the bumper. I crawled under and checked the torque on the cross member and the major suspension bolts, but nothing was loose.

Any ideas on diagnosing this one?

Steve

Steve

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I just did an oil and lube two weeks ago, but I try again to see if it helps. Thanks. Any other ideas?

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

And remember when your putting in grease into that shaft and a big ass glob falls on your forhead.. it means you put too much in. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III