cluch problems

the clutch on my '94 YJ is has a lot of play, and when cold (mind you cold in TX is 35-40F) wont go into gear without some force. the entire step on the clutch petal is pointless except the for the last one to two inches of push.

I'm sure as you can tell from my description, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy in this department. my fear is that the clutch is going and needs to be replaced. but is there something I can check or try first?

any input is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Reply to
<mhahn

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Roy J
94 has an external clutch slave, so the bleed valve is not on the bellhousing but on top (iirc) of the black plastic slave cylinder that is bolted to the driver's side of the bellhousing. It sounds like the clutch may not be coming all the way off, and filling/bleeding the hydraulic system is the place to start.

-jd

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

knowledgeable

Reply to
jdarg

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
<mhahn

it's a four cylinder, and I haven't yet had the time or the dry enough weather to try anything. it's been down-pouring all day.

Reply to
<mhahn

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Very lucky, that f**king thing is a pain in the ass.

Reply to
Simon Juncal