Clutch Problem?

I have an 88 wrangler that is exibiting some problems I think may be related to the clutch. The past few days I drove it I noticed that occasionally the clutch pedal engages at a point farther than normal when pressed to shift gears. In this case it is a bit difficult to shift gears like the clutch is fully disengaged. The other day I was driving it and went to shift out of second gear. I pressed the pedal to shift and it went to the floor with no resistance. I could not shift out of 2nd gear. Luckily I was able to drive home in 2nd without having to stop. When I got home I was able to press in the clutch and shift just fine. Any ideas on this? The fluid is topped off and doesn't appear to be leaking. Also this happens sporadically.

-Will

Reply to
wbowlin

Sounds like a problem I had with the clutch master cylinder - would come and go then I replaced the master cylinder and no more problems.

By the way, it's possible to shift without the clutch - you just have to f> I have an 88 wrangler that is exibiting some problems I think may be

Reply to
The Merg