code 43, not lately!

Hi

Well, this is the LONGEST I have EVER gone without a code 43. No misfire in over a year now. (I hope I don't ruin things by bragging about it.... )

I have read a lot of posts about bad valve springs, and I know that could still be part of the problem. I noticed the last time that I had maybe a half-quart or more of too much oil. So, I decided to start changing my oil myself. My local quick-change garage wasn't giving the oil enough time to drain, and would just fill back up with 6 quarts and get me out in 10 minutes or less. I have been making sure that I put no more than 6 quarts back (sometime just 5 and 1/2), and I can say that the 4.0L I6 seems to run much better. So, I have seen other posts here about this. If you have trouble with misfires, try checking the oil level. Who knows. What does the group think?

cal

Reply to
Cal