Code 45 on '97 XJ

1997 Cherokee Sport 4Door, 4WD 4.0 Check engine light came on and from turning the key on and off a few times and leaving it in the 'on' position, the codes came up with a 12 and a 45. From what I google, a 12 just means that I had unhooked the battery to try and clear the codes, which I had done. But what is a code 45? If it might help, I was running hard pulling a loaded 5' X 10' U-Haul trailer 130 miles into a head wind at about 60-65mph yesterday. Unhooked and headed out to WalMart to get groceries and noticed 'check engine' light on. At WalMart unhooked the battery to clear the code while we shopped. Came back out, hooked battery back up and check engine light came on about 30 seconds later. TIA
Reply to
user

Maybe it was 55, end of test diagnosis:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

CODE: 45 Injector #5 output driver stage does not respond properly to the control signal

44 and 46 are battery-related.

If that's wrong, blame Google, pas moi!

Reply to
Square Wheels

According to the Haynes Repair Manual Jeep Cherokee 1984 -2001 The code 45 means Trans Temp Sensor too Low or Too High P0712 (Low) or P0713 (High)

Having the same problem. Just started today.

Reply to
briansdavidson