coil spacer lift

Hey guys,

do y'all think it's work it to get a coil spacer lift? Was looking at a couple sites and they recommend getting longer shocks with the spacers....I mean, while you're going that route, and fitting larger meats....what's the price difference if you just went witha suspension lift?

Dunno....anyone running spacers?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve

coil spacers cost 70 bucks!!! & 45 minutes to install

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Do you want to lift it, or FLEX it?

Reply to
thomas

They are perfect for more clearance and keep you with the stock ride. The longer bump stops and shocks are really needed to unhook anti sway bars and play hard. If you stay hooked up and run easy logging roads, the shocks might work ok, they do on a friend's with a 1.5" lift, doubt a 2" would work without bottoming the shocks which is a bad thing.....

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

IMHO, the main purpose of any lift is to be able to run larger tires. Others may be flex aka articulation. Coil spacers aren't going to give you any more flex, travel, compliance or however you want to look at it. They will just pick you up a bit. So, to answer your question, you will need to change shocks and the whole project is futile without bigger tires.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I have an 02 TJ. Installed the Skyjacker 2" spacers with the nitro shocks. I had to also had to lower the transfer case. I just found out i have to install the Track bar Relocation bracket, the rear end is shifted an inch over to the right.

I am happy with the performance on the trials, I just took it out 2 weeks ago for the first time, I had great articulation on the rocks. Email me direct, i will send you a nice pic.

When i researched originally, most people told me with the 2" spacers all i would need is the spacers the bumpstops and the Shocks. Hindsight, i would spend the few extra bucks and get a kit that comes with everything (springs, transfer case drop, track bar bracket (or a new adjustable bar). All said and done think i spent close to $600 for the "economy" 2 inch lift.

Honestly, i dont have any regrets, my first jeep, my first lift.... Live and learn. ... I also learned, buy an Oil Pan Skid plate.

Hope i Helped,

JOHN

Reply to
John

for 800 you coulda got a 4" suspension lift wow

Reply to
IsellJeeps

They say "Every Jeep is different". Most people who do a 2" spacer don't have to drop the skid. Bad luck, I'm afraid. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis