Common Problem I just want help to confirm

Hello all, Today i was going to drive my jeep like every other day, I tried starting it and it just kept turnning over. The day before it was fine. But that day i did notice it took just a little longer to start then normal. Drove it around parked it and today it will not start at all. I want to double check does this symptom sound like a CPS? Its one of the most common failures listed for it to not start and the previous owner gave me a new one that he had not put in because he said the plug was undone. But the bad part about this is that i am selling this vechile soon and i need to drive it there to show them and help would be appericated

Thank You for your time.

Reply to
Nick.DC2

If it is the Crankshaft Position Sensor, simply unplugging it and making that connection again revitalizes it for a couple more times:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Thanks for your help bill i will be sure to try that when i get home. I must have looked if the wrong area i was underneath were the exhaust manifold come out. The plug is accessible from the the top of the motor correct?

times:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Reply to
Nick.DC2

Yours may be on the driver's side depending on what you have:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

times:

> God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> > mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/> >

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

While I have heard they are sometimes on the passenger side the ones I have seen were to be found on the drive's side.

We were able to reach the bolts with a quarter inch socket set and a LONG extension from underneath. We may also have used swivels but don't recall.

billy ray

Nice work. Bookmarked, Thanks. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You want the originals?