confused on 4wd option

Just a note before my question. Went to costcos today, and they had a jeep liberty rocky mountain edition that they were pushing. First time I saw a jeep at the costco.

Going to the jeep website itself, it shows (at least the way I read it) that the only drive train offered in 4wd is the part time option. Going to edmunds.com and building and pricing the vehicle from there they show the full time 4wd as an option. I am confused on this. Also if both options are offered, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the 4wd options.

Thanks to all Jerry

Reply to
j.lef

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yeah I was at the Stealer on Wednesday and they had a Khaki one there with Command-Trac (2WD-4PT)) and they said Selec-Trac(2WD-4PT-4FT-N-4LO) was an Option. If you want the option of leaving it on all the time say in the winter so family members, who are not inclined to shift Transfer cases, can drive it also, ( long sentence eh?) Then Selec-Trac is what you want. The

4FT Mode is great for me in the Winter, I shift it there and the wife just drives without worry. I tend to be in 2WD 95% of the time just to minimise wear and tear, I don't know if there is significant gas savings, I never checked. From the advice I got here..The Command-Trac will break if used in non slippery conditions, Mucho $$ to repair.

Paul

1995 Grand Cherokee LTD 4.0L Selec-Trac
Reply to
Paul Tremblay

The Command-trac has a 2wd, 4wd, N, and 4LO settings This model cannot be driven on dry pavement in 4wd.

The Select-trac has 2wd, 4 Part-time, 4 Full Time, N, and 4LO settings

4 Part-time cannot be driven on dry pavement 4 Full-time can be driven on dry pavement without harm.

4 part time splits the power 50/50 front to rear

4 full time splits the power 48/52 front to rear

go to Jeep.com they have a wonderful spoken explaination of the differences between the modes.

Mark12211