console removal - '98 TJ

I am dropping off the TJ either tomorrow or Monday to have the Rhino Liner sprayed in. In the process of tearing out the guts, I have not figured out how to get the shifter cover plate (auto tranny) off so I can remove the entire console. I have all of the bolts out and just waiting to lift off the console as soon as I can figure that out.

Is it tough to remove the wiring and tubing setup form the hardtop? I sold my hardtop a while back and figured I might as well remove this whil I am at it. I assume that it is just a few connection sot disconnect, and then plug the wiper house fitting.

Argh- I snapped off one of the bolts for the rear seat bracket, that should be fun to get out.

I will probably take some photos when I get it back before I put all of the hardware back in for those that are interested.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

I had the same problem when I replaced my stock console with a tuffy unit. What I found is that you can't remove the face plate but can lift and tilt it allowing the console to pass by it. It's fairly easy. I hope this helps you.

Pete & Sunsport ('00 Solar Yellow TJ)

Reply to
Peter Brideau

Reply to