Cracked Manifold Consequences

What are the consquences (especially doing more damage or safety hazard) of driving with a cracked manifold (something in or near the exhaust system)? I've seen some other posts about how to temp fix, replace and where to take if needed. but what if I just keep driving it. One place missed it, 2 others confirmed it was there.

Reply to
Ward

If you run it hard and put it away cold, you'll warp an exhaust valve for sure. $134 will buy a new manifold:

course change the search criteria to fit yours. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You have a CO risk. Basically if you open a window, you need to open one on the other side also to avoid a vacuum into the cab area which will suck it in.

Watch for a tight feeling in the forehead with a headache or an uncontrollable sleepy/heavy eyes feeling. If you get either, get air fast!

Also watch the wiring so any hot gas jets out of the leak don't hit them melting things.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain