Dana 44 for a YJ?

Anyone know af an aftermarket manufacturer that builds Dana 44's front & rear for the YJ?

Reply to
DirtyBob3Feather

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Dynatrac, Currie, Tri County Gear, Foothills Off Road.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Try purchasing a relatively late model full size jeep and pulling the axles off that. You will probably have to re-gear them and change the spring pads around (Front is spring under, rear is spring under), but you'll save a bundle, even if you junk the rest of the vehicle.

Reply to
TJim

Have to agree with this. I might add though to have a professional welder relocate the spring pads...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

A very good point.

Hey, then you can get a set of 60s and put them on the FSJ and keep it, too! Cool!

Reply to
TJim

I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback. I was hoping to get away with under 3 grand but I see that I'll end up scavenging and having the mounts re-welded to save wads of cash.

BTW, will the Dana 44's that come on the Rubi work on a YJ without too many mods?

Reply to
DirtyBob3Feather

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Haha, I was wondering when you were going to pipe in. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

ROFLMAO!

Reply to