Dana 44 pinion yoke

Hi,

I'm rebuilding a Cherokee Dana 44 rear for my '90 XJ (yes Bill, after spinning my Dana 35 diff case on the tubes and later crunching some carrier gears, I felt it was time for a change). I was thinking of upgrading to a u-bolt style pinion yoke and a 1330 u-joint shaft while I'm at it. I saw an ad for a D44 pinion yoke (u-bolt) from a mid-70s Ford pickup front end. Does anyone know if this would fit my XJ D44 and a 1330 u-joint?

Any other upgrades I should be considering? I've got a Rubicon Tru-Lok with 4.09 R&P and I run 33" tires.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

L.W.(ßill)

I'm replacing gears and carrier so the setup's got to get redone regardless. If there's no advantage to 1330 over 1310, I guess I'll stick with the same yoke. The yoke does however have straps. Would it be worth my while to drill out the threads and install u-bolts?

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve