death by liberty

WARNING-DEATH BY JEEEP LIBERTY. Coming Out of Gear. PLEASE, If anyone has experienced a similar problem please contact me snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com I pulled in front of my in laws house. Put my jeep in park unbuckled my seat belt, and leaned into back seat and adjusted my baby's head because she had fallen asleep in route. I then exited my jeep walked in front and around the jeep to the front door. I stood there a few minutes talking to my mom in law. I then saw my jeep DRIVING AWAY by its self! It just took off. No one was even near it. In turn, I ran after it. It hit a flower bed which made turn and go down a 30ft incline into a freezing pond. I jumped in and swam out to her my father in law heard me screaming. He swam out, we couldn't open the doors the speed had picked up enough to make the automatic lock to lock! My baby was inside drowning. The lock on the doors finally pop open. I give God the credit {but some people say the electrical stuff got wet and it made it unlock.} But then it was too late. The water pressure was to strong & I couldn't open the door .My father in law was smart enough to pull himself on top of the jeep causing it to tilt enough for me to open the door. I almost drowned & so did my baby we all ended up in ICU but my father in law DIED he had a massive heart attach in the water and died helping to save my baby! When I got her out he was face down in the water! I had NO choice but to try to swim back to the docks and save my baby! Chrysler had a recall on 05 & 06 because of a misplaced part in the transmission. Over 400,000 of them. Chrysler SAID it didn't apply to 04's. I found out ALL transmissions for 03,04,05 &06 were and are the same. They all were assembled from the same product line. Chrysler even sent a their people across country to look at my jeep. Why would they do that if the KNEW it only applied to 2005 & 2006??? I know for a fact my car was in park that night! Something went wrong with the jeep. My statue of limitations for court expires Jan. 07. My time is running out to get justice for my mother in law! I am desperately looking for someone who has had similar trouble with the transmission. Please contact me & BE CAREFULL! PARENTS BEWARE JEEP LIBERTYS CAN come out of gear when ignition is left running, ACCELERATE AND DRIVE OFF BY ITSELF!!!

Reply to
mtroxler

[...]

Let me get this straight.... YOU left your BABY in a parked running vehicle?

Reply to
billy ray

There are enough of these beasts around, I think if there really was a problem we would have heard about it by now (as we have with the ball joint problem).

IF this story is true I suspect the author didn't really have the Jeep in Park... and if it really is true my condolences... it's a very sad story no matter who is at fault.

Jeff DeWitt

mtroxler wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

When you f*ck up, sue the manufacturer. Neither he nor his father in law apparently knew how to extract someone from a submerged car.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

AND......without applying the parking brake????

Sheeze!

JEEP

Reply to
mabar

Not that I'm trying to be rude, but for my own personl reference, what us the correct way? Break a winow?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

With a pointed tool.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Anyone who is stupid enough to leave a baby in a locked running car is also stupid enough to not engage park properly. I hope your baby has her mother's brains.

JEEP

Reply to
Dave Milne

"LIBERTYS CAN come out of gear when ignition is left running".

Freudian slip ? Don't you mean "can go INTO gear" ?

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

The stupidity and lack of common sense I see on a regular basis never fails to amaze me. I think the average person if they even ever think about accidents like this, feel that "it won't happen to me."

I often see people get out of their vehicle "just for a minute," with the engine running at the library, coffee shop, mail box, etc. Of course the parking brake is almost never used. I've read multiple news stories over the years about vehicles "slipping out of gear" where folks have been crushed against a wall or run over by their unattended vehicle.

What is so difficult about turning off an ignition key, then re-starting the engine when needed?

If for whatever reason, you feel must exit a vehicle with the engine running, at least apply the parking brake HARD! Many times, the engine power can easily overcome a normally applied parking brake, even at idle.

If I had a baby or child in the vehicle, I would ABSOLUTELY NEVER exit the vehicle with the engine running. Just plain stupid!

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

Not only a parked, running vehicle, but without applying the parking brake???? With a BABY INSIDE????

And you now want DC to cut you a fat check for your own stupidity?

Even if the engine were not running, this is insane behavior. I remember another case where a mommy left kids in a running Beemer - same deal: running, in park, no parking brake. She wanted big bucks too, but I'm hopeful that the jury found her to be criminally negligent instead.

Reply to
Outatime

Better:

I've used it twice; both times to slice a seat belt loose, once to break out a driver's side window; heavy enough to break the glass without deployment. Rides with me daily and is highly recommended.

Reply to
Outatime

I wonder if we could petition DC to modify the Liberty so it could seek the key fob and run over the stupid sumbitch next time?

billy ray proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

nice troll... best one I've seen this month

Reply to
Green Acres is the place to be

And did not apply the parking brake how stupid and this is the fault of the auto how? Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Personally I think the OP was a lame troll. A cowardly troll if not just a troll in that no details as to the place of interest where someone could actually verify their claims with the public information incident and death records.

Coasty proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon