decoding VINs

What is the VIN code for the engines in Grand Cherokees? I'm going hunting for parts off Grands that may have already had their motors pulled, and I want to make sure I get parts from V8s. Thanks,

Brian

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I can't take the web site with me to the bone yard. What are the letter codes for the different engines?

Brian

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Here is a link on the engine VIN's.

I just can't believe people would actually punch their 'real' VIN's into an anonymous website in Europe so that site can collect valid VIN's to put on the stolen US vehicles they ship over in containers. It just blows me away....

Mike

Mike Romain

Oops, you gents cut out the 'important' part of the thread and my server had dropped the rest temporarily so I thought you were after a Jeep engine.

Can't you just toss any old 318 in there?

Mike

Mike Roma>

Reply to
Mike Romain