Dingidy, ding, dang, ding $#@!

Other than pulling the #4 fuse, how do you disable that damn door chime?

I am thinking of hunting it down and ripping it out by the roots.

Reply to
Kate

They make those switch kits, you pretty much replace the number 4 fuse with a switch that you can mount anywhere you can reach it from driver seat and an inline fuse.

I made the setup up myself for about 8 bucks and a visit to radio shack.

I love it, no more dumping out my glove box and no more forgetting to turn off my headlights on a rainy day. (only did it once, i swear)

JOHN

Reply to
John

Hi Kate Tom with the ---Drumrole please --- Black Jeep here. Got a question about the sunbonnet you got. Did it include the back window and back cover? I want to get one but the last one from Best Top had the separate header. Does yours? Also the back window rubbed the seat and got blurry so they got it back. So as to be on topic Just take the battery out of your hearing aid. Works for me!!!!

Reply to
Tom P

Well, that works too, but the fuse has got to be easier, and there is a recovery option later on.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I've thought about smashing it with a hammer myself. It's located on the back of the display PC board, above/left of the steering wheel. The only way to kill it is to remove the display module, something I haven't attempted yet. It looks pretty straight-forward: pull a couple of screws, and it pops off?

Reply to
JD Adams

This is from my post about this subject on March 13. Hope it helps. I know Quadratec sells a switch kit but you can build one for $5 or so. I bought all the stuff I needed at the local Wally World. Les

01 TJ

"I took my fuse out and made up two spade lugs that fit the fuse block. One lug has a wire which goes through an on/off switch mounted up under the glove box then through an in line fuse holder and back to the other lug and the lugs then plug into the two leg slots for fuse number four in the fuse block. I can then turn the switch so the light works (and the stupid chime) when I have my doors on and turn it to off when they aren't on the TJ. Works quite well and the light is nice when the doors are on."

Reply to
Les

Dang Tom, you just confuse the hell out of me. Turn your hearing aid back up so I can understand ya!

Sun bonnet.. hopefully you mean the top that came with the rig - ? I have the full soft top - factory. Full doors. BUT it's the sun runner, and hella cool let me told you! I think that until recently the sunrunner was only available on the Unlimited. Just a coupla flicks of the wrist and you have the top open above the seats. Like T-Tops only better.

Mine is made by Best Top according to the manual but does not have a back cover, wish it did. By back cover, I mean boot for the top. If you mean tonneau, no I do not have one, YET. I am going to get a strapless bikini, rear window and tonneau for it though. An outfit I emailed on Ebay has them available and if you like I can send you the info I have. keep in mind I have NOT shopped price yet.

As far as the windows, I roll my back one up and hang it on the elastic snap on straps that came as part of the package. Unless it's squeeky clean, it will get abrasions. Even then dust can get into it and ruin it. I am looking now at buying a bag to store the soft windows in but I know that they are not going to stay perfect for long. The rear window already has a few light marks on it. There is no way to prevent it I am afraid unless you never use it. That's just part of owning a Jeep I think.

Feel free to email me kate AT selby DOT ws any ol time. for now, I am going caching.

Kate

: > I am thinking of hunting it down and ripping it out by the roots. : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to