Does anybody know?

I drove the Jeep in to work again today. It was 35 degrees. I had to wipe frost off of the seats before taking off. No top or doors on the Jeep right now... It was sunny so there was no need for that stuff since I still don't have a windjammer. Does anybody know why I can't find a windjammer for a '76 CJ5? If I buy one like this:

a '85-90 CJ does anyone know why it wouldn't fit my '76? Whatdimension would be off on it? I wonder how much trouble it would beto modify it to fit my '76? Anybody else run into the same problemI'm running into trying to find a windjammer for a '76 CJ5? Thankyou.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:02:24 -0400, travis shared the following:

OK, I know now. I just called their tech support department. The roll bar changed in '80 so that the front portion of it...the vertical tubes...they mount to the floor now. On my '76 they mount up on the wheel-wells. So I could use that windjammer shown above but there would be no place to connect it on the sides. Only on the top and bottom. Hmmm.... Just figured I'd share that with y'all in case anybody else was curious about this like I was.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

That was what I'd guessed. I'm curious, though, did you talk to the rep about how it attaches? I'm wondering it it is just Velcro straps, and it something like YJ footman loops might be substituted along the front side of the wheel well.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:20:37 -0400, Lee Ayrton shared the following:

Yes, and he said it does use velcro straps. I'm thinking of buying one of their windjammers and trying to modify it to work. If I do I'll share my results with y'all.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I've got a windjammer for my YJ lined up (salvage yard) looks to me like you'd be able to attach most the the thing with no problem or modification. Obviously the very bottom is the only part that would need a little creativity.

Reply to
Simon Juncal