Down pipe <-> catalytic converter '95 Wrangler

Hi

Has anyone replaced the front exhaust pipe and catalytic converter on a

95 YJ Wrangler 4 cylinder? Does the pipe and cat need to be welded together? The down pipe has a four bolt adapter on the end but the cat doesn't. Advanced Auto Parts said the two needed to be welded together, but I just wanted to verify that this is correct.

Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

If the downpipe is flanged, but the cat isn't, I'd say they're selling you a cheapie "universal fit" convertor. Yes, you'll need to weld them together. Well, that or go somewhere else and get the right converter for the vehicle.

Reply to
someone