Driveline Vibration

I have read several old posts about driveline vibration with a 2" spacer lift. What is this vibration like? Will you immediatly notice it? Will it be more prevelant at different speed? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Scotty

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

In most cases you'll feel somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-28 and 45-48 mph. It's a low cycle rumble, sometimes sounds like a twin engine WWII bomber's about to drop it's load on your new Bestop. It is a ":bad news" problem, it will not only take out your u-joints, but has a not-too-good effect on the pinion bearings as well, particularly on the toothpick size Dana 35. . First sign of trouble is usually a leaking rear pinion seal, followed by bad noises from the driveline as the u-joints move on from groaning & moaning to snapping & popping.

Reply to
SoK66

I installed the 2 inch spacers about a month ago. Experienced the vibration. At around 25 - 35 mph as Scotty mentioned.

I then installed the 1" transfer case lower and it has been fine ever since. Dont forget to get a full alignment as well.

I ordered the skyjacker kit from Quadratec which recomended the Transfer case shifter relocation bracket. It was a pain in the but, but it works great.

Reply to
John