Driveshaft "wobble" when first taking off

I purchased my first jeep with a 4" body lift. When I first take off in

1st gear and speed up there seems to be an unbalanced .."wobble" to the drive shaft. Is this a problem with a body lift and should the driveshaft be modified i any way? thanks
Reply to
byrsc

You need to find out what kind of suspension lift it has. The body lift has no bearing on the drivetrain.

But anyway, no the driveshaft isn't supposed to wobble. It is either bent or you have a totally shot u-joint.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Please tell me you haven't really got a 4" body lift.. If you have, I would suggest that you remove it and go for a 1" one max. I bet the tub wobbles like a jelly - you are puttling a lot of stress on those 11 or so little bolts holding that tub on. I hope you don't have an accident in the mean time ...

Anyhow, to answer your question, since you have gone for the body lift approach, you drivetrain should be stock, and you shouldn't have any wobble there.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III