ebay items I Listed

I listed a few items on ebay if anyone is intrested

Thanks Tim Fisher

Reply to
Tim Fisher

Forwarded to: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net

Path: dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local01.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.ptd.net!news.ptd.net.POSTED!not-for-mail NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 16:21:10 -0600 From: "Tim Fisher" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys Subject: ebay items I Listed Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:21:13 -0500 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527 X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527 Message-ID: Lines: 15 NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.229.99.174 X-Trace: sv3-eGP3Ghf/KkrKegbIsr+MeJ1napZ1Hhs6i6+j22l1RxRdkUS2C6zPoqu9i0zlQCLNu4o86L6xneEblFp!20cWms7zTT9aGY4q7zZK+j5T36ZvMCRs02zpw2iVem7WceOALJeqAz1fHBkfeVAOnOQB4g== X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net X-DMCA-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly X-Postfilter: 1.3.32 Xref: cox.net rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys:564588 X-Received-Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 17:22:29 EST (dukenews1.cox.net)

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thats abuse???....I have been posting here for years. Didnt think that was abuse. Sorry. Damn Bill, What happened.

dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local01.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.ptd.net!news.ptd.net.POSTED!not-for-mail

sv3-eGP3Ghf/KkrKegbIsr+MeJ1napZ1Hhs6i6+j22l1RxRdkUS2C6zPoqu9i0zlQCLNu4o86L6xneEblFp!20cWms7zTT9aGY4q7zZK+j5T36ZvMCRs02zpw2iVem7WceOALJeqAz1fHBkfeVAOnOQB4g==

Reply to
Tim Fisher

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My post was intended to sell an item related to "Jeep" and I am not a commercial vendor The rules do need to be revised to moderated.

"CHARTER: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The unmoderated newsgroup rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys is to be used for discussions, announcements, expression of opinions, and questions about Jeep (Trade Mark) and Willys vehicles. It also serves as a medium for those interested in sharing and exchanging their experience. It is also meant to be a forum for buying and selling parts by non-commercial vendors.

Some things that could be discussed....

-Jeep/Willys history -repairs and modifications -parts exchange -technical information -4x4 driving experiences -vehicle restoration -new vehicle evaluations

Some things that shouldn't be discussed....

-4 wheel drive vehicles made by other manufacturers -commercial posts"

Tim Fisher

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
Tim Fisher

Please explain how his post is abusive? They're posts that do not follow the guidelines almost daily, but they are never accused of abuse. This is also an unmoderated newsgroup, so unless someone wants to take on the moderator role, you will always have off topic posts on any newgroup. Why don't you police the 100 + posts that have asked questions about things not related to Jeep nor Willy vehicles? This gentleman posted a message saying he was selling a few items on eBay. Nothing against the Charter that I can see. Now if you want to talk about eBay rules, there, you may have an argument, but that's not what you claimed.

I'm not a big contributor to this newsgroup, nor will I ever be, but you're wrong. Admit it and apologize to this gentleman.

Oh but wait, I guess, I'm off topic, so you can send an abuse notice about this posting too.

Why you're at it, change the name of this newsgroup to bill's.rec.automakers.jeep+willys

After all it's your story, we're just characters.

Jim Smith

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
Jim Smith

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Who says that eBay is commercial? It's no more commercial than someone offering an item directly on this newsgroup as best offer. I don't think we need to worry about additional a$$holes posting messages here. We've got one already that thinks his views are the only thing that matters. What gives you the right to call Tim an a$$hole? After all you did say "how many OTHER a**holes would be posting their.." That seems a lot like you calling Tim an a$$hole and that's just plain wrong. I do believe you're out of touch with reality. Commercial Sales would be when I posted items for sale that I sold while conducting a commercial venture. Not someone using an eBay auction and posting a reference or link. You need to apologize to Tim immediately and promise the newsgroup that you will stop trying to be the group's unofficial moderator. The time has come when Bill becomes just another person that posts messages here. I've gotten a few private emails within the last 10 minutes which reflects their opinion of you and your attempt at moderating this newsgroup. Let people live. Let people run their own lives. We are all adults here and don't need anyone telling us how and what to post.

Jim Smith Soapbox Designer

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
Jim Smith

Hey Bill, Been watching this one. I know where you're coming from and don't want Jeep part salesmen turning this into an E-market either. Myself, I don't mind personal e-bay stuff here and it just makes it a point and click affair to see whether or not I'm interested. Maybe the charter could be amended such that an individual could post the link. Perhaps some verbiage about "one-time" or "occasional" would keep it down but still let us work it? Just a thought. After all, if he only said, "I'm selling my doors" without mentioning e-Bay, he'd be fine. If he had any takers, I don't think anybody would've been too sore if he responded with a link. Drink

Reply to
Drink

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You're not a nice person are you? Why call me a troll? Do you know what a troll is? I doubt it. Again, Bill's speaking about things that he knows nothing about.

You're asking me to pass along private email to you? Boy you really do have a hard case of Superman!!! I have been sent private email, get it "PRIVATE", what part of that don't you understand.

Please lets get back to the subject at hand. You're apology to Tim for calling him an a$$hole and you're meddling into Tim's personal business. You still don't get it do you?

Learn to leave people alone. Only come into their homes when invited, only come into a person's messages when invited.

Jim Smith Soapbox Designer and Professional Tester

Reply to
Jim Smith

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

As you will soon see, there are many who feel you have not acted in the best interest of this newsgroup. I'm sure now that you've called me a liar and have shown your true colors, others will soon post their opinion on this matter.

Forget about me for a moment.

Why won't you apologize to Tim for calling him an a$$hole?

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

Apologize to Tim for calling him an a$$hole!

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Just a thought. If "Bill" needed one of my items would this have been a issue. Or if I had asked where to buy an item and "Bill" had posted a link to where I might buy that item, would this be an issue? I considered the source. The past (way back) "Bill" had been extremly helpful to me and my "Jeep" situations. Something happened, control issues have overwhelmed him.

I didnt want to cause issues, I was simply offering a few items to people I figured could use them. If I never posted, would I sell them...Yes. If I didnt post them and someone here needed it, would they have seen them....maybe. Did I brake any "Laws" No....

I would change a thing. I dont believe I did anything wrong. As many others before me have not either.

Tim Fisher

Reply to
Tim Fisher

You're waiting for what? Are you waiting in the government Cheese line? Are you waiting for your meds to kick in? Are you waiting for the next infringement of this groups charter so that you can give your self imposed ruling?

What exactly are you waiting for? Tell us Bill, we all can't go to sleep tonight without hearing from you!

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It wasn't commercial. Commercial; occupied with or engaged in commerce or work intended for commerce. Commerce; the exchange or buying and selling of commodities on a large scale involving transportation from place to place"

It isn't in large scale. I am learning the definition of a troll.

Apology accepted

Tim Fisher

Reply to
Tim Fisher