Electical Wiring Kits

I have an 81 CJ7. I want to redo all of the electrical switches etc that run into the panel (light switch, radio etc) 1) Is there a kit that would give me a complete harness 2) Is there one someone would recommend.

BTW.. The beast is running and the tranny and gears are in good shape... Brakes this week, road certification and its ready for some real world testing.

Reply to
Cannon (O|||||||O)

L.W.(ßill)

On or about Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Cannon (O|||||||O) of snipped-for-privacy@dumbbot.co...:

Yep, Painless makes a factory-replacement bumper-to-bumper wiring harness for your Jeep. They ain't cheap, and I'm not sure why -- there must be a whopping amount of hand-work in these or they're too used to megabuck babyboomers building hotrods. Whitney, 4WD.com and Essentials for Jeep all carry them. Google on _"Painless wiring" Jeep_ for other suppliers.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Hey Bill, Do you know if anybody makes just portions of the harness? Ex. dash vs. engine bay, etc.? Don't want to do the whole thing and costs too much for one fell swoop. o_o_o_o Best Regards, /| ,[_____], Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_) EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Reply to
Drink

Thanks Bill. I've considered fabricating my own circuits. Tell if this is a really bonehead thing to do. What if I were to rewire the individual harness portions as independent circuits? My father was an electronics technician for 23 years and followed on with some simple engineering with the phone company and finally quality assurance inspections for DoD communications contracts. So, he was teaching me Ohm's law before the cub scouts. I'm not an engineer, but... would it be a dumb idea to basically rewire the different systems instead of all the splices and crossovers, straying from the original schematic? My initial thought would be, "bonehead". But, it would be simpler. What do you think? o_o_o_o Best Regards, /| ,[_____], Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_) EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Reply to
Drink