Electrical problem

I have an 86 XJ and the dome light stays on constantly. Any ideas for me?

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
jerryg

RoyJ

Rear dome light is push to light on some models. Not sure if it goes back that far.

Reply to
DougW

Turn the head light switch back to dash lights. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Yea I tried the dash switch (head lights) but made no difference. I'll check the other switches though. Thanks.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Ah, more advice that doesn't work.

Keep at it, you never know, someday you might get one correct.

Reply to
Gaston Ryan Koake

I see you offered any sound advice.

silly neophite.

Reply to
DougW

???

I offer no claim of expertise; simply commenting on someone's habitual failure who does claim a certain level of knowledge.

Neophyte.

Reply to
Gaston Ryan Koake

Failure? hardly.

You need to realize that having the switch full over to inside lights is a common problem. Some folks are not aware that setting exists and it wouldn't be the first time that problem has shown up here.

Unless you actually have any knowledge you are hardly in a position to rate someone else in this group. Bill, despite his tenacious nature, actually has real expertise.

Reply to
DougW