Engine Run Rough

I got the TJ 1997 4cyl. When it's very humid, the engine run very rough. When the engine gets hot (30mins), it smooths out and everything runs fine.

So, I changed the spark plugs, wires. Last week, it rain and the same thing happen again, rough ride. What's next?

Reply to
Denis

Denis did pass the time by typing:

Clean the throttle body and idle air passage.

4.0, but you get the idea.
DougW

Distributor cap, rotor, air cleaner element. Run the engine at night, in the dark, when it is humid, and look for visible sparks with the hood open. Clean the throttle body like Doug says. If the cap and rotor are really bad, they will have visible cracks and/or evidence of carbon tracking inside. There are a bunch of sensor connections under the hood, that can get water in them too. WD40 or silicon spray can be used to displace the water.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The rotor and distributor cap are the first things I go after with those symptoms.

Mike

Mike Romain