Engine serial number

I just acquired a 1976 Jeep. The engine, I'm told, is from a jeep wagoneer from the mid 70's as well. It is a 360 V-8 and I need to find the serial number but, I dont know where to look. I have searched a little and cannot find it. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chip

Reply to
WKJ

There should be a metal Vehicle Identification Plate affixed to the left side of the firewall under the hood. The plate shows the model number, sales order number, VIN, Trim options, Paint options, SSR&O number, Engine Code. On my 1976 CJ7 there is also a sticker on the instrument panel that shows stuff like the Plant, date, type of vehicle and so on.

There should also be a tag attached to the front of the right-hand valve cover that shows the Engine Code number.

HTH

Reply to
John Benito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Did you actually take the time to read this? "This tag is attached to the front of the right (passenger side) valve cover of second and third generation V8 models. "

Not the block! The valve cover!

Reply to
John Benito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill, take a deep breath. Read the post, then realize that "you" are the only one talking about "block numbers".

Reply to
John Benito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

No problem Bill, and you can curse, swear, flag the rat, and whatever, makes no difference, Chevy block numbers had no relevance.

" Yes, if you want block numbers buy a Chevy:

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
"

Reply to
John Benito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Grow up.

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Me too. Buy it and I promise I'll leave. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

How go back to making pottery? Is that supposed to mean something? Because that's just gibberish and makes no sense in the english language.

Let's see if you don't like someone you call them a bleeding heart liberal..when you know nothing about them.. Is that your favorite come back or is that literally the best you can come up with in your head? Come on billy work those brain cells and do try a little bit harder..

Reply to
Jerry

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill, when did I attack you? I was not the one the moved to Chevy! And, if you take the time to notice, I did let it drop after the "bleeding heart liberal" post you made. I really do not understand your hostility towards me, I have done nothing to you or yours. Is it that you do not want me to participate in this news group?

Reply to
John Benito

Uhhhh.... Is that like some cryptic code that I'm supposed to decipher?

Reply to
Jerry

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III