Error code P0456 (M)

I have this error code on my 2002 TJ sport 6 cylinder. P0456 (M) Evap Leak Monitor Small Leak Detected Leak has been detected in the evaporative system.

What does this mean, and is there a quick way to fix it or find the leak? Where would I start?

Reply to
Snowboardripper

No kidding, it's likely just your gas cap is loose, or leaking air if you have installed an aftermarket locking gas cap. If the computer notices any air leak in the fuel system during self-tests, it'll set that error code.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
FrankW

Maybe clean the mud out of the gas cap and see what happens?

Mike

Snowboardripper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Turns out the gas cap did not keep the seal any more. This is the 2nd time it has been replace. But the good news is that it was covered and I had a recall item done on it. Turns out they had to install a heat shield under the muffler since if debris gets caught up there then it could catch fire!

Reply to
Snowboardripper

And it 'sure' isn't like you wheel in any debris, eh?

LOL!

I had to take a shovel to my CJ7's insides after the last run with you....

Mike

Snowboardripper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
mic canic

Yes it may be warrenty work, but I would like to know just how much of a piece of shit DC made for me. I think I have a right to knowing exactly what they did to "MY" Jeep Right now I'm a little pissed at paying 250 dollars plus for a fricken o-ring in the power steering box. They are charging 90 dollars for the o-ring alone

90 DOLLARS FOR A FRICKEN O-RING!!!!!! My Jeep is only 3 years old. What next? end of rant

mic canic wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

No this is a new recall. I have not got the notice but the dealer said they will send them soon. This is for the muffler. I already had the above one done.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

i know what you are saying i went to order a seat belt buckle for my dak. truc and the price was 16.00 then i watch as it superceeded 8 times into 193 and change

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
mic canic