FARK!

Well, despite what Banks claims, the exhaust header for the

93-98 Grand Cherokee doesn't friggin fit.

It hits the motor mount and doesn't even fit the intake manifold unless you take a grinder to one or the other. I'm not even sure it would match up with the stock downpipe.

Perhaps it works better on later models but it sure as shit doesn't work on the ZJ.

Too bad realy, it looked nice and well made.

Reply to
DougW

L.W.(ßill)

Maybe they slipped up and sent a WJ pipe? I've never heard fitment complaints with Banks... everything I've heard was nice. easy, straight swap for factory. Customer service open today?

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Cherokee-LTD did pass the time by typing:

Nope. Only weekdays, which also doensn't make me happy.

It is possible they sent me the wrong pipe, but it's dang close. Could even be the motor mount styles changed. But even then it won't sit down on the intake rail without some grinding.

I'll know more Monday when I ...talk... to the folks at Banks.

Reply to
DougW

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Doesn't look like the motor mount would move any. That and I'm not terribly inclined to take it off without some good way of supporting the motor. Either way, it won't even fit the intake manifold unless I grind on it and that's not going to happen.

Reply to
DougW

man that sucks! have u found anyone else online that has done the swap? nice cherokee btw. that blower must be nice to have.

Reply to
serg

serg did pass the time by typing:

Nope. :( But on the bright side I managed to get it to fit (sorta) The only holdback is the drivers side engine mount. It's just too close by about 1/16". I'm going to see if that mount will move a bit and if it doesn't I'm going to grind off a bit. Seems plenty stout and should be able to loose some off the edge without harming it.

Sure is. Till I have to put gas in it. :)

Reply to
DougW