Fender Flares...again...

Hey gang!

Just thought I would share my weekend project results with those that are always looking for some way to refresh those tired and faded fender flares. I know Bill...real Jeeps aren't supposed to have them, but mine does...lol.

I decided to try the new Fusion Spray paint that is supposed to be for plastic. I bought 2 cans of satin black, a container of oderless mineral spirits and had at it. Took most ofthe afternoon, about an hour per wheel. Removed the flares, scrubbed down with soap and water, dried, adn then cleaned with the mineral spirits. Let them set for about 15 minutes then applied the paint. It goes on really well, no drips or runs. Let them dry for 20 minutes and put on a second coat. After that dried re-attached to teh Jeep.

I gotta say, they look really good! The test will be how long it lasts.

Stay safe!

Jerry Slaughter

99 TJ Sport
Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

Jerry, It looks like new even 2 years later.......

Regards,

Guri Sandhu

Jerry Slaughter wrote:

Reply to