Firestick Antenna Mount Location on a TJ

Just bought a Firestik "molded side mount" CB antenna mount. I picked this mount mostly 'cause I thought it would look stock(ish) when installed. Now I'm stuck as to where to attach it... I'm down to 3 possible places:

  1. Passenger side, just above the rear wheel in front of the seam.

  1. On the back, driver-side, just to the right of the left tail light.

  2. Driver-side front quarter panel, exactly opposite the stock radio antenna.

And thoughts, opinions, criticisms of these various locations would be appreciated.

Thanks, folks

John, '02 TJ

Reply to
Laeglin

I'm going to get one of these for my TJ...

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Put it on the back. You can put it on the side, but passing bushes and branches will rip it off, that's why mine is on the back ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That's where mine was and I removed it. I kept catching it on trees.

Reply to
TJim