Fog Lamp Problems

Ok have a problem that I hope someone can fix 98 Jeep Cherokee

Smelt some smoke (than saw some) behind dash it looked like the factory fog lamp shorted so I fixed all the wires and i am about to install a new factory switch. 4 wires Orange - Power from Interior Lights Black - Ground Lt Blue - ?? Purple - ??

Now I thought one of these should be Hot but neither is? So I'm not sure which one I should be looking at to flip on the relay.

Any Help would be great.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
mikedmasters

Did you check the fuses for the fog lamps?

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Yep there are 3 -20's and they all look good? I am heading to Napa to get a new relay maby that might have something to do with it?

Reply to
mikedmasters

But did you actually TEST them? Try an ohmmeter or continuity tester. Pull the fuse first. ;)

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Lt Blue - From foglamp relay in PDC

Purple - To foglamps

Reply to
Mike

After replacing the relay the Lt Blue is hot. Fog lights again. Thanks

Reply to
JeeperMike