fool pump.. :(

Arg.

I think things are getting better for the ZJ but lately the fuel pump has been making a bearing style noise. The old mk-1 brain can't remember if the pump runs then stops then runs or runs all the time.

Anyhoo, time to dig through the service manual and read on how to check the pump for volume and pressure. May have to pay someone for this if I can't whomp up the proper equipment.

fooey.

Reply to
DougW

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

That makes sense. The pump starts out silent (teeny buzz) but then gets quite loud, loud enough to hear it over the exhaust (Banks header, Gibson cat-back) so that's loud.

Looks like I've got a $265 investment coming up. Pricy little bugger. $235 from Napa, but the OEM one for $30 more is probably what I'll get.

Reply to
DougW

Doug, this works with Harley's too.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow