front disc rotor's

Hi Iam a first time jeep owner and would like to know, how hard is it to relace the front brake rotor's on a 1999 jeep tj? Thank you

Reply to
dave

Unbolt the caliper, and the rotor slides off the lug studs:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

"L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" wrote in news:46574157$0 $10194$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

THank you The photo's on the web sit helps a lot.

Reply to
dave

I had to use a heavy hammer to remove my rotors; the rotors did not budge with a rubber mallet. The rotors were rusted on the inside and stuck to the bearing assembly. As someone has mentioned, when installing a new rotor, put some anti-sieze on the inside where it comes in contact with the bearing assembly. I did not do that; I saw the post later :(

Reply to
stilllearning

If you have aluminum rims, you also need anti-seize on the outside of the mating surface. The aluminum and steel can weld together from electrolysis.

I have seen more than a few Jeeps rims destroyed this way.

Mike

Mike Romain

I would not go back with Jeep's composite rotors. They almost always warp.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Dave, It's pretty easy. This site has a straightforward write-up, with pictures.

98XJ