FS: 10,500# winch and jeep mount

see

for pics and specifics.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

A 5 and a quarter ton winch? Does this mean you could hook it to a bridge beam and winch the jeep straight up with it?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I wouldn't be surprised if you could do just that with a properly rated snatch block.

Reply to
ULB

unlike electric winches, hydraulic winches pull their rated load 100%, and do it continously. they dont get hot and weaken, they are not dependant on battery level. if your engine (or secondary electric hydraulic pump) will run, the hydraulic winch will pull you up anything or pull the jeep in half. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

In the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" a Land Rover, nicknamed "The Antichrist" by its driver, pulls itself up a tree, sure enough. I am guessing it has a PTO winch though.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Ah, one of the great classic movies of all time. You gotta love that movie.

Chris

In the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" a Land Rover, nicknamed "The Antichrist" by its driver, pulls itself up a tree, sure enough. I am guessing it has a PTO winch though.

Cheers,

Earle

I loved that movie :) K.

Reply to
Kate

I have a Warn hs9000i that could easily lift my >3000 lb Jeep up into a tree. My current battery won't leak either. I do pull other Jeeps up cliffs.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

electric winches are good for short periods of time and do serve most needs just fine. with a hydraulic winch however, you could sit at the top of the hill literally all day long winching one after another 24/7 without heating up the winch or having to wait to charge the battery after a few pulls. its an entirely different class. more than most need? sure. can electrics compare for extended usage? no way. for extended/continual usage they are not even in the same class.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

That's a real 'working' winch.

I was involved in a 3 weekend clean up of one local off road area and I winched all the wrecked or burned out hulks up onto the main trail so bigger trucks could drag them out. My winch got hot enough on one to melt the heat shrink off the cable ends.

My battery held though. I have a hand throttle function as part of my manual choke so kept it on the 1200 rpm fast idle step with the choke off to keep the amps up.

Does yours need/use throttle?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

its unnecessary. at idle the PS pump produces enough pressure to generate the full load capacity of the winch. electric winches are great too, just not made for continuous duty in the same way as hydraulic. im probably going to replace it with an electric, but _only_ because the hidden winch type bumper makes accessing the hydraulic levers (for selecting low or high range on the winch) difficult to access.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Hmmm. You know, I would put up with the low range input if I already had the hydraulic winch or I would just cut steel or redesign the lever to make the lever work.

When I run mine all the way out to spool it tight and even, the rewind pressure is almost too fast with an experience winder at the speed I have with my Warn HS9000i that was left to me in a good friend's will when he passed away.

Hay Nathan, I also figure I owe you an apology for the not too long ago past. The 'doctors' had me on some really strange drugs that made me just a plain antagonistic jerk.

It is amazing the difference without those ones and a different mix.

Freakin' cars! One time in 8 years I am not in a Jeep and am a passenger to boot in a passenger side T-bone hit that was bad enough to give me a stroke from impacting my head on the door frame has really screwed up my life.

Anyhow, I 'am' who you first met way back when.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

prior to surgery i bought two gallons of peanut butter chocolate from baskin robbins. ironically i cant eat it because its not firm enough to push through the scar tissue and feels like im drowning in it when i try to eat it.

the one time i could eat all the ice cream i wanted to "guilt free" and i cant even eat it. :)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

nice to see you back, Nate.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Reply to
Dave Milne

thank you sir, nice to be here. i stopped reading for awhile due to the trolls that have ruined this newsgroup for the most part. i thought by now they would have grown bored with it, i cannot believe the attack on bill is STILL going on.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

i just know that bill at least has very valid input that has helped many. what you folks have done to this once productive newsgroup is inexcusable.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

And you saying this from your pathetic vantage point chained to a desk in your parents' basement, the only light that coming from the monitor. At least I have a second floor window.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Morón, vete a arrimar a tu hermana.

Salutini,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

yup, they have a real hard on for him to devote that much attention.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne