FS: Rare WWII Jeep Trailer - 1945 Bantam T3 (Willys MBT) - USN SEABEE's For SALE

Hello, Brian of 'Brian's Military Jeeps' here... and I am selling a pretty rare WWII Jeep Trailer.

Currently $500. Lot's of PICs posted on eBay.

eBay item 2273154143 (Ends Oct-04-04 12:08:45 PDT) - WWII Jeep Trailer - 1945 Bantam T3 (Willys MBT) WW2

Thanks, Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

"For Auction" [ hah, beat you to it Mike :-) ]

Dave Milne

why, you are right! I stand - no I sit - corrected. Carry on, Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

:-)

No point on me bidding for it sadly.. shipping costs and all that :-(

Dave Milne

Brian, first off it is an auction, not a sale as someone pointed out so it is a misleading advertisement, but second you are posting as a commercial entity in a newsgroup that specifically forbids commercial posts here.

The charter can be viewed at:

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Here is the relevant text: "It is also meant to be a forum for buying and selling parts by non-commercial vendors."

Mike

Brian French wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Actually - No. I make my living in the publishing Biz. I haven't sold a single Jeep item on ebay or anywhere else since about 1998. See the website - that shows the LAST published catalog of 1998. You do the math and check your charter. :) It's a hobby at this point. It used to be a biz years ago. B

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

Ahhh, but the FLOAT!!!! You can save money by paddling it yourself across the POND! :)

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

That is like saying it is false advertising to describe a CAT as a MAMMAL, Yes it might specifically be a Persian, but there is nothing wrong with calling it a mammal.

The dictionary uses the word SALE, and TO SELL. The method of arriving at consummation of the sale does not in fact negate the fact that a sale is made. An auction is one of the types of sales possible.

Main Entry: [2]auction Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): auc·tioned; auc·tion·ing /-sh(&-)ni[ng]/ Date: circa 1798 : to sell at auction

Main Entry: [1]auc·tion Pronunciation: 'ok-sh&n Function: noun Etymology: Latin auction-, auctio, from augEre to increase ?more at EKE Date: 1595

1 : a sale of property to the highest bidder

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

'They', not 'the'

They Float - see the website for pics of the WWII Jeep floating with a load of GI's inside. In addition, there were Trailer paddling races this summer in the River up at Lodi, CA Have a look at:

Bet you never thought you'd see that huh?!

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

stunning !

Dave Milne

And that's not mentioning Ebay's policys on advertising in usenet forums.

Bad Brian...:-)

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Hey d*****ad!...read this:

You violated their rules...and ours.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
twaldron

He has crossed the line and is now an abuser.

Mike

twaldr>

Reply to
Mike Romain

So what, do you think we are just stupid or mind readers, " Brian of 'Brian's Military Jeeps' "?

You are posting as a commercial entity.

That is against this groups Charter.

The 'whole' world saw your post as a commercial post.

You 'might' know something about old Jeeps, but abusing this group tosses all that in the garbage and you turn into just another very unwelcome commercial spammer!

Mike

Brian French wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

No!

An auction is a physical action that 'might' or might not' turn into a sale.

Overview for "for sale"

The adjective "for sale" has 1 sense in WordNet.

  1. purchasable, for sale -- (available for purchase; "purchasable goods"; "many houses in the area are for sale")

Mike

Brian French wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I think this is going way out of hand. Brian has made a valuable contribution here and there is no reason to doubt that this is a private sale ; one For Sale instead of For Auction does *not* turn him into an abuser. Secondly, only the most braindead of people would not spot the ebay and realise ebay is an auction. I really dont believe that now, in the age of broadband and even 56K modems ( as opposed to the old 300 baud ones ), that anyone would be that upset that they downloaded the message body unnecessarily. You are making a welcome distinction between For Auction and For Sale, but its not exactly a train smash if it isn't made; For Sale is perfectly correct if not precise, and isn't worth bickering about.

Be honest - Who was REALLY UPSET by this ? Why ?

Reply to
Dave Milne

No Mike, neither, there is a guy about 30 minutes away who runs a jeep parts store called "Brian's Jeep Parts"

I get lots of calls from his customers, and I am sure he gets a lot of my customers calling him, cause someone at ATT looked it up wrong.

At jeep meets I have to constantly tell people "No, I am Brian, from Brian's MILITARY Jeeps', not Brian from 'Brian's Jeeps' they then get a huh look on their face, and I have to explain that there are more than one jeep guy named 'brian' to go ask questions and get info on parts from.

So, to avoid more of that long winded explanation typing a short 23 character "from Brians Military Jeeps' saves time & writing and is what common sense dictates one do.

And just because I used to sell seat frames, and distributer caps - what has that got to do with selling a personal vehicle? Just because someone works at a parts store and one day decides to sell vehicle, that doesn't make him a car dealer.

i'm not sure about the ebay/usenet thing someone else brought up - i've seen many, many other ebay postings with no followup warings, so I don't know why this one is specially chosen to ruffle feathers. Brian