fuel injection cleaner

normally, my engine idels really loud, and hurts small dogs ears. I put some diesel fuel injection cleaner into my 300d t-diesel and its ideling allot quieter. is this a sign of a problem or does this sound normal? i have noticed a decrease in start time and an increase in miles per gallon (running around 36 i believe). thanks.

regards Guidelines on car buying & selling

john

Running quieter, decrease in start time and increase in economy are not normally signs of a problem. How long have you had the vehicle and can you remember what it sounded like new? It is possible that you actually had clogged injectors before you used the injector cleaner. A bad spray pattern can cause all sorts of problems.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton