Fuel prices - What's coming out of YOUR wallet?

Last night, got regular unleaded (87 oct) for $1.93 a gallon.

It's hard to believe that Diesel is still $2.54. This means that the truck is sitting more than the jeep is these days.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Well sis....tell that lazy SOB you sleep with to finish the floor installation since he isn't out driving anywhere.....

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

We had to do a 3000 mile trip east this summer across Canada in the CJ7 and were paying up to $1.40 a 'liter' for fuel!

The average for the 91 octane my engine likes was $1.30- $1.35 a liter for the trip.

I think your US gallons are something like 3.785 liters so that's $5.29 a US gallon.

I have a 20 gallon tank or supposedly 76 liters and was paying over $100.00 a tank full and thanks to some sleazy rip off pumps actually got

86 liters in at one place in New Brunswick.

Mike

Mike Romain

Yes, but that tax money is used for your social programs. You can get an angiogram for free while it costs us tens of thousands of dollars. But then you have to wait 2 years, I could get mine this afternoon.

Last year your price in Toronto (adjusted for liters and Canadian dollars) was within 10 cents of the price on the corner here....

Reply to
billy ray

$1.93/gallon for the mid-grade 89. About $9-10 to fill up my bike. :) .....or about $35-40 for my WJ (for the same distance travelled).

Brand> Last night, got regular unleaded (87 oct) for $1.93 a gallon.

Reply to
Brandonb

Consider yourself lucky. Here in southern california I paid 2.79 this morning for 87 octane.

Reply to
ULB

This morning 87 was 2.11 in northeast florida

Troy

Reply to
Troy

$2.43 at the Safeway in Show Low, Az with the ten cent discount. Cheapest gas in town :-(

Reply to
Frank_v7.0
2.06 at the Racetrac at Normandy and 295 :)

Matt

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
mhammer8

Diesel is usually higher this time of year because its price is tied to home heating oil, and demand jumps in the pre-winter.

As far as gas goes, the oil companies know a shift in Congress will not be good for them, so they are holding their retail prices down until after the election.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How much deisel do OTR trucks and DE locomotives use compared to private road vehicles Bill?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I've seen $2.04 here in Baltimore.

I want to know who's been pocketing the extra $1.50 a gallon for the past few months!

And, I can't wait to see the price of fuel after the election.!

Start saving now for for post-election gas...

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

This is scary:

Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

At a price of $3.00 per gallon, the oil company that explored, found, drilled, pumped, transported, refined, built distribution centers (gas stations), transported to distribution centers and finally pumped into our tanks makes 10 to 20 cents per gallon on gasoline.

The US Government makes 18 cents per gallon and individual states make on average another 19 cents per gallon.

In the 1970s, the US government 'solved' the gasoline price problem. We could only buy gas on odd or even days (based on license plate numbers) when we could find a station that actually had gas to sell.

I wouldn't look to government as the solution to this non-problem.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

It's not the sole reason for the price drop but you're naive if you think the election has nothing to do with it. "Of course is doesn't...just ask the industry spokespeople."

If within 45 days after the election, average fuel prices don't increase by

10%, I'll eat my crow.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep, you're right, OTR's, locomotives and commercial vehicles use FAR more diesel than private vehicles in this country, and it's the commercial use that increases the demand so much.

Last summer, diesel was 2.25 around here when gas was 3.50. We have something called "winter" in the North (something a San Diegan has only heard rumors about) that spikes demand for fuel oil in the fall when everyone is filling their furnace tanks. #2 fuel oil is the same as #2 diesel, just without road taxes and kerosene.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo