Fuel Pump

I have a 97 XJ with 92K on it, that intermittently stops running. It might not happen for two days, or two or three times in one day. I've traced it to no fuel in the fuel rail. The computer also reads A "42" code, which has about 5 different meanings. One of them has to do with the ASD relay. My question is was the fuel pump a common part to go bad? I have to drop the tank to replace it, which isn't to bad, I did that last year to replace the sending unit. The fuel module is an expensive part, that I don't want to guess on being faulty. Thanks, Dave Best

Reply to
Dave Best

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III