Getting part description from Jeep part number

Can anyone let me know how to find desription of a part given the part number? I see part numbers mentioned on some cables and components in the WJ but am not able to find out what part it is. Examples are

5604189AA and 56050469AD, both on the lower right of the engine, near the oil filter.

Thank you.

Reply to
stilllearning

Mistake: the first part number is 56041889AA.

Reply to
stilllearning

Capacitor Ignition Module.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks SnoMan. Why is the ignition capacitor bolted to the engine block?

I still would like to know of there is parts-description dictionary somewhere online....

Reply to
stilllearning

No reason for it not to be there because the closer it is to distributor and coil, the less current lost 0on discharge which means a hotter sprak. You really would not want it on firewall plus it would be grounded to block too which would improver its performance. As far as part numbers, try a google search or link below

TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan