Grand Cherokee (Laredo trim) 2001 --- can hear a squeak when turning the steering wheel all the way right

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine drives a Grand Cherokee Laredo '01. She says she can hear a loud squeak from somewhere up front when she turns the steering wheel all the way right, for example, when parking. She took it to her dealership a couple of times and was told they couldn't find anything wrong and that it was a design flaw.

I have to plead ignorance because I'm a Honda owner myself, but it seems to be a pretty weak excuse. Has anyone out there experienced a similar problem? What's the fix here? I have a hard time believing that one should just let it go. Has there been a recall in this regard or something?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Agent Smith

Anh-Linh Nguyen

Well, the catch here is this happens only when the steering wheel goes all the way right, doesn't hapen on left turns. Also, her Laredo isn't a 4WD one

Reply to
Agent Smith